Faculty Job Openings
Iowa Idea Visiting Artist in Photography:
The University of Iowa School of Art and Art History seeks applications from emerging artists in photography for the Iowa Idea Visiting Artist in Photography, as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Photography. This is a two-year position (for the 2019-20 and for 2020 -21 academic years).
- Teach two courses per semester in The University of Iowa School of Art & Art History, Studio Art Division. The candidate will teach an introductory course and an advanced course in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Present a public lecture about their work
- Participate in limited public outreach activities (e.g.: radio interview, discussion of your work with a local arts organization)
- Exhibition at end of year
- Engagement with graduate photography students
Iowa Idea Visiting Artist in Photography receives:
- An appointment as an Iowa Idea Visiting Assistant Professor in Photography.
- $32,000 salary
- Health benefits and TIAA CREF retirement funds
- $2000.00 research stipend
- private studio
- A career faculty mentor will be provided and the IIVA will be part of a faculty mentoring cohort program
The applicant will have received an MFA in photography within the previous five years, have evidence of a national exhibition record, and demonstration of a promising program of creative development using photography as a mode of creative expression and experimentation. Applicant will have university level teaching experience as either a graduate assistant or college/university instructor, and the ability to teach introductory courses in both darkroom and digital technologies.
Understanding of a variety of conceptual approaches in the teaching of photography; proficiency in critical theory
Candidates should submit applications online at: http://jobs.uiowa.edu. Search requisition 73661. Review of applications will begin on May 6th, 2019.
Applications must include:
- C.V. including phone number, email, mailing and website addresses
- Letter of interest
- One-page artist’s statement
- Link to artist’s website providing digital documentation of recent work(at least 20 images with slides/description of work)
- 3 professional references – names and contact information only