Faculty Job Openings
Visiting Assistant Professor in Graphic Design:
The University of Iowa School of Art and Art History seeks applications for a 50% Visiting Assistant Professor of Graphic Design for the 2019-20 academic year. The successful candidate will teach two courses per semester in The University of Iowa School of Art & Art History, Studio Art Division. The candidate will teach courses in Graphic Design I and Graphic Design III.
The applicant will have received an MFA in graphic design within the previous five years (or the equivalent combination of education and experience), evidence of expertise in both print and digital environments and will be able to demonstrate industry standard practices in developing the following:
• Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
• An understanding of basic web hosting
• HTML, CSS, and other web-based software
• User interface/experience design theories and practice
University level teaching experience
Candidates should submit applications online at: http://jobs.uiowa.edu . Search requisition #73709. Review of applications will begin on Monday, July 15th, 2019.
Applications must include:
- C.V. including phone number, email, mailing and website addresses
- Letter of interest
- One-page artist’s statement
- Link to artist’s website providing digital documentation of recent work (at least 20 images with slides/description of work)
- 3 professional references – names and contact information only
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies.