Equipment and Studio Reservations
SAAH Equipment Checkout Center
E120 Visual Arts Building
Studio Specialist: Kimberly Maher
Contact: email@example.com | 319.384.1068
The SAAH Equipment Checkout Center abides by all of the equipment checkout policies set forth through the School of Art & Art History. Please refer to posted policies. From this center, faculty and currently enrolled SAAH students are able to borrow equipment and gain access to a professional sound design studio. All studio and equipment reservations are processed through the checkout.uiowa.edu application.
At this time we are only able to accommodate reservations which support exhibition needs for BFA, MA, or MFA shows and graduate student research. Priority will go toward exhibition needs. Students that fall into these categories should complete the online borrower agreement to arrange potential equipment needs. Other students needing access to a dSLR camera to document work should consult with your Program Head.
- To obtain borrower privileges, students should review complete and submit the SAAH Borrower Agreement. Once submitted, students will be added to a borrower group
- Make your reservation in the Checkout@Iowa application
- Plan pick-up according to the schedule below.
Operating under limited availablity for Fall 20.
When possible, all reservations will be handled by appointment or through a locker exchange. Reservations will be fulfilled according to the following schedule:
- Placed SUN by 5 pm = Available for locker pick up MON after 5 pm
- Placed TUES by 5 pm = Available for locker pick up WED after 5 pm
- All returning reservations must be placed in the locker by 5 pm of the Checkout application scheduled due date
Available equipment is concurrent with course enrollment and experience level for students in Sculpture & Intermedia and Graphic Design. Please consult with your instructor for borrowing access.
General - Projectors, Mac Mini, Cordless V20 Impact Driver Set, dSLR Cameras, and tripods [online catalog]
Course Specific - Tascam Audio Recorders, Lavaliers, Microphones, Headphones, Speakers, Projectors, Projection Screens, dSLR Cameras, Lytro cameras, Lenses, Video Cameras, Camera Stabilizers, Tripods, Monopods, DVD / Blue-ray player, Hard Drives, TV Display, Mac Mini, iPad, iPod Touch, and supporting accessories
Advanced - XA10 Video Cameras, ProCams, Canon 5D Cameras, Sennheiser G2 wireless mic set, Lowel light kits
Sound Design Suite E126 & E133 VAB
Sound Design Suite is equipped with 5.1 surround, 2 large display monitors, amplifier, keyboard, microphones, video and sound editing software (Logic, Audacity, and Audition). Additional media equipment can be arranged. To book this studio:
- Complete the Sound Design Suite Agreement and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. The agreement is good for the entire semester.
- Once the agreement is complete, you will receive additional instructions by email and gain access to the shared reservations calendar.
The Sound Design Studio technician, is available by appointment to assist with troubleshooting or to provide a studio overview during the following:
GALLERY E150 VAB
The Special Projects Gallery VAB E150 is reserved in conjunction with Sculpture & Intermedia classes and to be used as a curriculum gallery. If installation needs require access outside of the class session; please contact your instructor to reserve the space.
- Use of the gallery means that you abide by all of the Special Projects Gallery Policies.
- Only SAAH approved mounting tools and designated installation hardware are permitted in the space.
- For information about how to access a key or make a reservation, please coordinate with your instructor.
NOTE: For installations in common areas please review the SAAH Gallery & Information resources page.