Equipment and Studio Reservations
School of Art & Art History
Equipment Checkout Center
E120 Visual Arts Building
Studio Specialist: Kimberly Maher
Contact: email@example.com | 319.384.1068
Operating under limited availablity for Spring 21.
All reservations will be handled by appointment. Hours and appointment availability will be posted by the second week of classes.
The SAAH Equipment Checkout Center abides by all of the equipment checkout policies set forth through the School of Art & Art History. Please refer to posted policies. From this center, faculty and currently enrolled SAAH students are able to borrow equipment and gain access to a professional sound design studio. All studio and equipment reservations are processed through the checkout.uiowa.edu application.
At this time we are only able to accommodate equipment reservations by appointment. Priority will support curricular and exhibition needs. Students that fall into these categories should complete the online borrower agreement to arrange potential equipment needs. Other students needing access to a dSLR camera to document work should consult with your Program Head.
- To obtain borrower privileges, students should review and submit the SAAH Borrower Agreement. Once submitted, students will be added to a borrower group based upon your course or exhibition needs. If you are in more than one SAAH, only one agreement is needed.
- Make your reservation in the Checkout@Iowa application
- Plan pick-up / drop-off according to the guidelines below.
For the well-being of our monitors, reservations will be fulfilled under these guidelines:
- Arrive during scheduled appointment time, late arrivals may result in canceled reservations
- Show your University ID through the window
- Picking-up: Collect your equipment, check for completeness // Dropping-off: Place in the designated bin outside of the window
Available equipment is concurrent with course enrollment and experience level for students in Sculpture & Intermedia and Graphic Design. Please consult with your instructor for borrowing access.
General - Projectors, Mac Mini, Cordless V20 Impact Driver Set, portable light kit, dSLR Cameras, street audio kit, and tripods [online catalog]
Course Specific - Tascam Audio Recorders, Lavaliers, Microphones, Headphones, Speakers, Projectors, Projection Screens, dSLR Cameras, Lytro cameras, Lenses, Video Cameras, Camera Stabilizers, Tripods, Monopods, DVD / Blue-ray player, Hard Drives, TV Display, Mac Mini, iPad, iPod Touch, and supporting accessories
Advanced - XA10 Video Cameras, Sennheiser G2 wireless mic set, Lowel light kits
Sound Design Suite
The Sound Design Suite (E126 & E133) is equipped with 5.1 surround, 2 large display monitors, amplifier, keyboard, microphones, video and sound editing software (Logic, Audacity, and Audition). Additional media equipment can be arranged. To book this studio:
- Complete the Sound Design Suite Agreement and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. The agreement is good for the entire semester.
- Once the agreement is complete, you will receive additional instructions by email and gain access to the shared reservations calendar.
The Sound Design Studio technician, is available by appointment to assist with troubleshooting or to provide a studio overview.