SAAH Equipment Checkout Center
E120 Visual Arts Building
Studio Specialist: Kimberly Maher
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 319.384.1068
|OPEN SP19 JAN 22|
|MON||12:00 pm - 3:00 pm & 5:00 - 8:30 pm|
|TUES||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|WED||12:00 pm - 3:00 pm & 5:00 - 8:30 pm|
|THUR||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|FRI||2:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
The SAAH Equipment Checkout Center abides by all of the equipment checkout policies set forth through the School of Art & Art History. Please refer to policies posted to ICON. From this center, currently enrolled SAAH students are able to borrow equipment and gain access to a professional sound design studio. All studio and equipment reservations are processed through the checkout.uiowa.edu application.
In order to gain access to the equipment please stop by VAB E120 for more information. Monitors are available during posted hours to assist with reservations. Students not enrolled in an Intermedia, Graphic Design, or Animation course will be required to complete a borrower agreement.
General - Tascam Audio Recorders, Lavaliers, Microphones, Headphones, Speakers, Projectors, Projection Screens, dSLR Cameras, Lytro cameras, Lenses, Video Cameras, 3D glasses, Tripods, Monopods, DVD / Blue-ray player, Hard Drives, TV Display, Mac Mini, iPad, iPod Touch, and supporting accessories
Advanced - XA10 Video Cameras, ProCams, Canon 5D and 7D Cameras, Sennheiser G2 wireless mic set, Lowel light kits
Sound Design Suite E126 & E133 VAB
Sound Design Suite is equipped with 5.1 surround, 2 large display monitors, amplifier, keyboard, microphones, video and sound editing software (Logic, Audacity, and Audition). Additional media equipment can be arranged. To book this studio:
- Complete the online Sound Design Suite Agreement. The agreement is good for the entire semester.
- Once the agreement is complete, you will receive additional instructions by email and gain access to the shared reservations calendar.
The MSPD Special Projects Gallery VAB E150 is reserved in conjunction with MSPD classes and to be used as a curriculum gallery. If installation needs require access outside of the class session; please contact your instructor to reserve the space.
- Use of the gallery means that you abide by all of the MSPD Special Projects Gallery Policies.
- Only SAAH approved mounting tools and designated installation hardware are permitted in the space.
- For information about how to access a key or make a reservation, please coordinate with your instructor.
NOTE: For installations in common areas please review the SAAH Gallery & Information resources page.