eArt Advising April 21, 2017 School of Art and Art History(SAAH) news
Today, April 21 - SAAH NETWORKING EVENT 4-6pm Visual Arts Building Atrium
85%+ of jobs and internships come from networking. Our wonderful career counselor, Jamie Cavey, teaches you how to network effectively in a low stress, fun way. Then network with Art and Art History professionals in the community, faculty and alums. Light food and drinks provided. Start finding out about career and internship opportunities today!
Recommended dress is nice casual, but come as you are, if that isn’t possible. We want you to get the information. Bring a portfolio and resume if you have them, but don’t worry if you don’t have them.
April 26, 6-7pm ABW 110
SAAH CULTURAL DINNER- come share dinner with your Classmates. Celebrate the diversity of the SAAH community. Food provided, please bring a side dish if you can, but it's not required. Celebrate the end of the semester and build a sense of community. All SAAH students and faculty welcome. Questions: email@example.com
April 27, 6-8pm
STUDENT ART SALE- BEADOLOGY. Would you like the opportunity to show and sell your artwork? Beadology, downtown, is hosting a SAAH Art event. For more information on showing and selling your art, contact Art Student Ambassador firstname.lastname@example.org. Space limited.
1. Students graduating with Honors in the Major, should have submitted their abstracts to Lynne and Molly by Wed. next week.
2. You should have turned in your Thesis Agreement paperwork by now. This enables you to submit your abstract when it is approved.
3. By Tues. send information about your Honors project and its size so that Lynne can finalize the layout for the Honors Show.
4. The Honors show set up is May 3 and runs through May 7.
5. Contact email@example.com for any questions about the gallery rules.
1. Please make sure that everything is ready for graduation. If you are walking in the spring, but graduating in the summer make sure that you are registered for the correct summer courses you need.
2. You can pick up your caps and gowns now.
3. Senior Graduation Reception for May graduates and their families will be May 12 from 2-3pm in the VAB atrium. We hope you can attend.
Early registration is now over. Some sections will be opening up to non-majors now, please make sure you have completed your registration as classes will be filling. Students wishing to increase their semester hours can do so. Anything over 18 sh. will require the Dean’s permission- 120 Shaeffer Hall.
Minors were able to start registering yesterday.
Follow the SAAH on instagram uiowaart.
Good luck with the rest of the semester. Please let us know if you have any questions.
SAAH NETWORKING EVENT, tomorrow, April 21, 4-6pm in the VAB atrium. All art and art history students welcome!