Photography Checkout Center
W108 Visual Arts Building
Studio Specialist: Kate Allen
Fall 22 schedule coming soon
From this center, all disciplines within the School of Art & Art History are able to gain access to professional lighting studios. To gain access to the lighting studios, please visit W108 during the posted monitor hours. The monitor will then provide you with information and assist in booking reservations.
E226 VAB is a discipline specific lighting studio reserved for Photography and 3D Design. Access is coordinated by appointment through Kate Allen. The studio is equipped with a Canon Rebel T6i camera, tripod, 16gb SD card, Dell processing station, backdrops (black, gray, white), and adjustable lighting. For other SAAH disciplines, access may be granted on a case-by-case basis. For more information, please contact Kate Allen.
E342 VAB is a discipline specific tabletop lighting studio reserved for Ceramics and Metals. Access is coordinated by appointment through Benj Upchurch (Ceramics) and Bethany Wood (Metals).
Lighting Studio Policies
- You must be currently enrolled in a School of Art & Art History course. SAAH Lighting Studios are a shared discipline resource available to all students currently enrolled in a School of Art & Art History course.
- A valid Iowa One ID is required to pick up and return reservations.
- By checking out the equipment you are acknowledging that you understand how to safely use the equipment and have been properly trained by your instructor. It is your responsibility to safely use the equipment without harm to the public, you, or the equipment.
- It is your responsibility to check that the equipment is complete and in working order at the time of checkout. You will be charged for damaged or missing items not noted during checkout.
- You are responsible for the well-being of the equipment while it is checked out to you, you will be charged for the cost of equipment repair or replacement if it is damaged or lost because of abuse or neglect. You must report equipment problems, loss, or damage as soon as possible. Please email the Studio Specialist and describe, in as specific terms as possible, any problems with the equipment. This must be done by the due time at the absolute latest.
- It is your responsibility to charge equipment and delete your work prior to returning. As a courtesy to the next borrower, please charge device and erase your files from the internal memory. Equipment that is not charged and therefore unable to be powered on, will not be accepted as returned.
- Equipment and keys must be returned on time. Keys must be returned on time. Habitual late returns will result in loss of studio privileges. It is your responsibility to be aware of the schedule. If you are unsure, you can ask the monitor at time of checkout. Key replacement charge is $25.00.
For questions please stop by W108 during posted hours or email email@example.com.